PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (“PIDM”) is committed to ensure that the processing of personal data by PIDM complies with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). This notice is issued pursuant to the PDPA (“Privacy Notice”).
1. Personal Data
1.1 Types of personal information
During the course of PIDM’s dealings with you, PIDM may need to collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data which may include the following (“Personal Data”):
- Personal particulars: name, race, religion, date of birth, age, gender, address, contact details, NRIC number, passport number, marital status, details of spouse, dependents and next of kin;
- Employment related details and history: personal interests, skills, education and related qualifications, details of referees, performance appraisal, assessment and examination results;
- Financial details: bank account and credit card details, statutory contributions i.e. EPF, SOCSO and income tax, information on assets, liabilities, credit worthiness, directorship and shareholding in companies;
- Physical, mental health or medical condition; and
- Commission or alleged commission of any offence or proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed including past misconduct, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
1.2 Source of personal data
PIDM collects Personal Data through several methods which include:
- information you have provided to us by whatever means and/or in whatsoever manner;
- information obtained independently by us or have been given to us from other lawful sources or publicly available sources;
- completed enquiry, application or registration forms through various means, from headhunters when you or our headhunters send us completed enquiry or application forms or curriculum vitaes, including online and hardcopies;
- any form that you have submitted to us;
- any email, correspondence, inquiry from you or with us;
- any document (including statutory forms) submitted to us for processing; or
- business cards given to our employees or agents.
2. Purposes of collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal information
The Personal Data may be processed, collected and used for the following purposes which include (“Purpose”):
- to discharge PIDM’s duties and obligations related to its functions or activities under the legislation administered by PIDM and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes;
- to create directories or databases whether for publication or not;
- to facilitate, process, deal with, administer and manage your relationship or commercial transactions with us, including the preparation of all necessary documents and contracts with you;
- to process any payments relevant to you;
- to enable us to perform our obligations and enforce our rights under any agreement or documents that we are a party to;
- to provide access to PIDM’s premises;
- to consider applications for employment, or for the purposes of employment;
- to evaluate your Request for Proposal, tender or proposal to PIDM;
- for insurance purposes;
- for internal record keeping, internal investigations, audit, risk management or security purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of our operations;
- for or in connection with all other purposes necessary or incidental to PIDM’s operations and purposes necessary for or related to any of the above Purposes.
3. Consequences of failure to provide Personal Data
The Personal Data provided to us may be mandatory or voluntary in nature depending on the Purpose for which the same is collected. Failure to provide Personal Data may affect PIDM’s ability to fulfill the Purposes in paragraph 2.
4.Access or correction of Personal Data and withdrawal of consent
You have the right to request access to your Personal Data held by us to ensure that it is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date. If you wish to exercise this right to access or correct your Personal Data, please complete the “Personal Data Request Form” available at our “Contact Us” page and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your Personal Data and the Personal Data relating to other persons who may be identified from your Personal Data. If you withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we may process your Personal Data, we may not be able to continue to deal with you.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data, please complete the “Withdrawal of Consent Form” available at our “Contact Us” page and email the completed form to email@example.com.
You may also make a request to access or correct your Personal Data or withdraw your consent by sending your written request to the following address
||General Manager, Communications and Public Affairs Division
||Level 12, Axiata Tower,
No. 9, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5,
Kuala Lumpur Sentral,
50470 Kuala Lumpur,
Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, we may still process your Personal Data under circumstances permitted by law.
5. Disclosure of Personal Data (within or outside of Malaysia)
The Personal Data held by us shall be kept confidential. However, when processing your Personal Data for any of the Purposes in paragraph 2, we may disclose such Personal Data to the following persons including but without limitation to:
- divisions within PIDM including any of our directors and employees on a need-to-know basis;
- building management of PIDM’s premises;
- regulatory and governmental agencies as permitted or required by law or authorised by an order of court, or to meet obligations to regulatory authorities;
- all other persons or bodies who provide us with services necessary and/or incidental to our operations on a need-to-know basis; or
- relevant third parties as required under law, pursuant to relevant contractual relationship or for the Purposes stated in paragraph 2 above (or directly related to those Purposes).
6. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will review and update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect the changes in operations or laws or regulations, without prior notice. You are advised to obtain the latest version of our Privacy Notice by contacting us or visiting our website to ensure that you are familiar with the latest version. By continuing to communicate and deal with us after posting of our latest Privacy Notice, you are deemed to have accepted and consented to the revision and update contained therein.
7. Personal Data of third parties
You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the person(s) whose Personal Data may be given to us by you or identified from your Personal Data which may be processed by us for the Purposes stated herein including disclosure to the parties stated herein.
8. Your consent
Please take note that by giving us your consent, you hereby agree and consent to us processing or continuing to process your Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this notice.